MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. (MBSI) has been in the physician billing business since 1975. MBSI’s history goes back 42 years in medical billing across multiple practice lines. A focus on physician and employee education, coupled with advanced IT capabilities, has positioned MBSI and its clients to operate successfully in a climate of increased governmental regulations, third party contracting and reimbursement challenges.
Today, MBSI serves over one hundred and seventy (170) practice locations in thirteen (13) states, with volumes of over 5.8 million patients and $3 billion in physician charges each year. These practices include emergency medicine, hospitalist, wound care, urgent care, anesthesia, skilled nursing facilities, intensivists, neurology, and ICU. Our extensive portfolio of services include:
- Superior billing capabilities including custom electronic submission of claims
- Hands-on physician education and feedback focused on documentation
- Compliant coding by expert USA staff professionals (CPC certified)
- Custom data analysis and reporting on all facets of the physician practice
- Dedicated client services manager for each location
MBSI prides itself on talented staff and currently employ over 1,000 team members. Most of the workforce is based at the corporate office in Modesto, California. Additional satellite offices are located in Ontario, California and Boise, Idaho.
MBSI optimizes physician revenue through an operation built of compliance adherence, quality, expert staff, and ability to adapt to an ever changing medical billing environment.
Our Code of Ethics
- CEP America (CEPA) – ED, OBS, AUC
- California Emergency Physicians Medical Group – ED, AUC, SNF
- Galen Inpatient Physicians, Inc. – Hospitalist, SNF
- MedAmerica Physician Solutions, Inc. – Trauma Surgery
- CEP Neurology – Neurology/Teleneurology
- Perform all responsibilities with the highest degree of integrity
- Continually strive to improve upon the quality of all services performed
- Undertake only those responsibilities that can be completed with professional competence
- Exercise care, diligence, and careful supervision in providing all client services
- Maintain patient and client information in strict confidence