About Our Benefits
MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc. offers employees a comprehensive program designed to meet health, retirement, and paid time off needs.
Full Time Employees become eligible for these benefits after a waiting period. Employees are responsible for a minimal portion of the
health insurance premiums. We currently offer:
- (HMO) Health Maintenance Organization
- (PPO) Preferred Provider Organization, with two plans to choose from
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Two Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) - Medical Flexible and Dependent Care
Life Insurance Benefits
- Basic Life Insurance – MBSI pays the full cost of this coverage.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance - MBSI pays the full cost of this coverage.
- Employee Supplemental Life Insurance - Employees can increase their life insurance coverage amount by purchasing Employee Supplemental Life Insurances. This coverage is optional and employees pay the cost of coverage through after-tax payroll deductions.
- Family Supplemental Life Insurance – Employees can purchase Supplemental Life Insurance for family members with the purchase of Employee Supplemental Life. This coverage is optional and employees pay the cost of coverage through after-tax payroll deductions.
Meeting Your Financial Goals
To help employees meet their financial and retirement goals, MBSI offers:
- The 401(k) Savings Plan - This plan allows employees to set aside before-tax or after-tax money and control how it is invested. Employees can contribute from 1% to 20% of before-tax or after-tax. Receive matching contributions at the rate of $1.20 per $1.00 up to 6% of your contributions.
- Profit Sharing - receive annual profit sharing contribution of 4% of your gross compensation (beginning on the 1st of the year after the completion of 30 months of service).
Promoting Good Health
MBSI also encourages good health for their employees by offering subsidized memberships at In Shape gym for our Modesto Employees, and at 24
Hour Fitness for our Ontario and Southern California Employees.
We also offer several health and nutrition lunch time lectures for free for our employees. Programs we have held recently are:
- Healthy Living With Diabetes
- Stress Management
We have an annual wellness fair, which includes discounted flu shots, Body Mass Index checks and blood pressure checks for our employees. We
also have massage therapists for short sessions at discounted price for employees. We also offer raffle prizes for employees such as books on
nutrition, and other wellness gifts.
Paid Time Off
To ensure that employees have an opportunity to relax, spend time with family and friends, and take care of their health, MBSI offers vacation
time off, sick leave, holidays, and other leaves.
Aflac Insurance: We are teamed up with Aflac to offer employees enrollment for individual policies. Premiums can be deducted through payroll.
Verizon Telecommunications: We also have discounts through Verizon, up to 20% on calling packages for employees.
Credit Union Membership: MBSI is affiliated with Alliant Credit Union in Modesto, and with Arrowhead Credit Union in Southern California.
This allows our employees to set up individual accounts, car loans, savings accounts, and more. Deductions can be set up through payroll.
Service Recognition Awards: MBSI honors employees for their years of service with our company. On their first and second year anniversary,
employees are awarded gifts, to commemorate their service. Then on their 5 year anniversary and every five years thereafter, they continue
to be honored with gifts and other awards.
Amusement Park tickets. We offer employees discounted tickets at various national and local amusement parks.
Employee Assistance Program: Confidential resource and referral services are available to employees and their family members.
Tuition Reimbursement: MBSI offers tuition reimbursement for full time employees for job-related education programs.
Referral bonuses: MBSI offers a referral bonus for bringing new employees into the company.